R & D unit at CITC Abbottabad is a group of professionals who have expertise in the areas of High Performance Computing and various domains of Open Source technologies. Research & Development unit has been striving to make available to its clients, the latest technologies and world standard methodologies.
Purpose/Aims and Objectives
The HPDC Research Lab has been established to provide CIIT:
- Data Center integration solutions consultancy & implementation
- A high performance Computing Environment in order to support multidisciplinary research
efforts in HPDC Systems.
- A resource for MS and M-Phil students to carryout their thesis and Dissertation
- To become "Center of Excellence" in HPDC arena in Pakistan
Department of Research and Development at CITC Abbottabad has expertise in a variety of areas, which range from HPC, various Open Source technologies, developing and administering heterogeneous Networks, Network Security to administrating and running the most popular Operating Systems used at all levels world wide. Key features are as follows
- Distributed and Parallel Computing (Beowulf & SSI Clusters)
- Load Balancing and Fault Tolerance Clusters
- Unix/Linux System Administration
- Scripting and Task Automation
- Network design & services Migration of Network Services (Windows to Open Source
- Network Security Auditing, Penetration Testing, Data Recovery and Forensics
- Scientific Computing Through Open Source
- Database Administration
- VOIP and Telephony
- Thin Clients Technologies
- Building Customized Linux Distributions/Solutions
Wireless LAN based on 802.11g is also functional and covers the entire campus. Eighteen omni–directional antennas and nineteen directional antennas with thirty-six APS with growing demand are being used to implement WLAN in the campus. The campus now uses over 1150 computers (desktops computers + laptops), which are attached to the campus network. Labs are open from 08:00 AM to 3:00 A.M. with 24 hours Internet connectivity.
Please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or we can be of any help to you.